Saturday, August 14, 2010

When your legs are tired, run with your heart!



Yesterday I ran another 5K race! A couple of months ago while chatting with a friend I discovered she wanted to learn how to run. Since it is difficult for me to get to London 3 times a week to join my running group I volunteered to coach her. She continued the conversation on with a couple of other women and before I knew it I had 3 keen ladies! We met for our first run and suggested that we needed to set a goal race. Reach the Beach in Port Stanley on August 13 it was. So over the past 10 weeks we ran together 3 times a week to get ready for the big day in Port Stanley.



They did so well, I was very impressed not only with their effort over the past couple of months, but with their determination to run the entire 5K, a course that is by far the hardest I have ever ran. It is riddled with hills and bends, even the most sesasoned runners there found this run difficult. And to top it off it was almost 30 degress!
Well done, ladies!!!

We were all exhausted after climbing the various hills, but I asked about Monday - our next practice run, and they were all keen! Not only that, but they want to continue onto a 10K...impressive! So stay tuned, the next running photos of this
group will be at our next goal race!


This is Janie and I, we run together in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment